English Springer Spaniel News
The English Springer National Bench Specialty will be held this year in Mesquite, TX at the Mesquite Convention Center, 1800 Rodeo Drive, Mesquite, TX, from November 1 through November 6, 2021.
The National Specialty will be here before we know it! For those planning to attend, the Foundation encourages you to participate in the DNA blood draw and PRA study. Dr. Keiko Miyadera, a veterinary ophthalmologist and genetic researcher at the University of Pennsylvania, in collaboration with the English Springer Foundation is offering a complementary PRA vision test and DNA blood draw for our PRA research project and the DNA blood bank at the University of Missouri. Please bring your dog’s pedigree, the DNA bank form and the PRA form with you to the National Specialty. Testing will be available Wednesday through Friday and you can sign up at show central when you arrive. You can find the DNA form on the ESS Foundation website at http://www.englishspringerfoundation.org/the-dna-bank/forms. The PRA online survey is at www.vet.upenn.edu/PRA-Genetics-Study.
If you are not planning to attend the show but would like to participate, you are welcome to come! Rescue dogs may also participate. Please contact Nancy Johnson at Wedgwoodnj@aol.com for information.
For more information, please contact Dr. Keiko Miyadera at firstname.lastname@example.org or Liz Pike, Foundation President, at Liz.email@example.com.
Information on the times and location of the vision tests and DNA blood draw will be available at the show.
Announcement regarding Contributions
September 13, 2021
The English Springer Foundation has completed a change to our new contribution platform Bloomerang. We appreciate your patience during this change. We are excited about the possibilities the new platform will give us!
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Your contributions are needed, welcome, and appreciated.
- Contributions ensure English Springer health for the future by funding important research and health initiatives here in the US and in partnership with other nations.
- Contributions support our web publications of current, relevant, and interesting health and scientific information for you and other English Springer fans around the world.
- Contributions provide the English Springer Academy, a source for learning about breed history, function, structure, and purpose as one of the greatest upland game hunters and as a beloved family companion.
To contribute click on this link: Donation Forms
Your gifts are tax deductible to the limits described by law. The English Springer Foundation is the operating name of the English Springer Spaniel Field Trial Association Foundation, Inc., a charitable 501(c)(3) organization, incorporated in the State of Wisconsin (Tax ID 39- 1824118).
Canine Health News
Announcements of interest in Canine Health News
The English Springer Spaniel Foundation & the Parent Club, ESSFTA,
through your generocity support the Tick-Borne Disease Inititave.
Read the latest update from AKC/CHF.
- AKC Canine Health Foundation – May 2021 Health Liaison Newsletter
- Pet Cancer Awareness Month
- Tick-Borne Disease Research Initiative
- AKC/CHF Update at Annual Meeting
- Behavioral Changes of Canine Epilepsy AKC/CHF Article
- 2020 Field Catalogs
- New Article on retinal function & structure
- Canine Health Foundation